|Start date||01-06-2015 t/m 01-09-2015|
|Placement type||International Internships|
|Duration in months||
>> View all
This wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley administers over $200 billion of hedge fund assets. Using the Firm’s proprietary, globally accessible technology platform, the business provides a full range of fund administration services, including daily accounting and financial reporting; transfer agency and investor services; middle- and back-office support; and integrated portfolio analytics. Morgan Stanley Fund Services is supported by more than 600 professionals based in New York, London, Dublin, Glasgow, Hong Kong, Mumbai and Bangalore.
The 13-week Fund Services Summer Analyst Programme is aimed at students in their2nd or 3rd year of university and runs in Glasgow from June through September. Interns are placed in roles based on their interests, feedback from the interview process and current business needs.
Training begins with a Firmwide induction along with peers from other divisions of the Firm. This is followed by a series of sessions delivered by Talent Management. In addition to the initial training, Summer Analysts will also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events and work-shadowing opportunities.
As a Summer Analyst, responsibilities may include:
• Computation of monthly “Net Asset Value” (NAV) for hedge funds.
• Daily processing and accounting of all fund security and financial transactions.
• Daily reconciliation of fund’s assets with custodians, prime brokers and counterparties.
• Preparation of draft year-end Financial Statements.
• Investor/Shareholder accounting and reporting, including multiple series and side-pocket accounting.
• You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• You are a team player and excellent communicator.
• You are able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
• You are client-service oriented.
• You are an undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
Deadline for applications is 13 December, although candidates are advised to apply early, as we recruit on an ongoing basis.
|Number of countries||