|Duration in months||
>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Due to the complex and technical nature of architecture work, it can be very difficult to track and prioritize deliverables. It can also be challenging to consistently communicate report and provide visibility of activities across a large and globally dispersed team.
Philips has selected a new tool to support them in their architecture modeling and planning activities. This will ensure that architecture decisions are fact-based, can be tied to the transformation programs and are considered in light of costs, demand, and dependencies. This tool will go live mid-August!
The key challenge of this role is to support the go live of the new planning tool. Supporting the team with the implementation, planning and training. The key is to ensure the user group understands how to use the tool and to support with the exciting launch!
· To work with representatives from both IT Architecture and Platforms and the wider IT community to provide support in planning, communication and training of the new planning tool.
· To work with business stakeholders to help them understand the change/ impact of the tool to their role.
· To work with the management team to provide ‘hand on’ support during the implementation
You will be part of the Global Architecture and Platforms sitting in the Architecture Planning team. You will report to the Architecture Planning Lead. You will be working together with enterprise architects, business architects and IT solution experts and have the chance to meet and interact with our business stakeholders (Consumer Lifestyle, Health Care and Lighting)
We offer you a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the fast moving world of IT and Enterprise Architecture, understanding the importance of these within a global enterprise and how to practically operate within a benefit driven organisation.
· This internship assignment is not suitable to perform your thesis.
· Duration: 6 months (extension possible)
· We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, not later than September/October 2014
Location: Amsterdam Philips headquarters (however you might be required to travel to Eindhoven at times)
1. Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
2. A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
3. A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
4. The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
5. Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
· Currently studying towards your Bachelor (HBO) (BICT)/ University Bachelor/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Business Administration
o Business Informatics
o (International) Business Management
o An engineering or computer science discipline
o A design related discipline (including traditional architecture)
· Confident dealing with abstractions and hypothetical thinking data and drawing out conclusions
· Competent in Microsoft Office tools Word, PowerPoint in particular,
· Fluent in English: written and spoken
· Autonomous, result-oriented, pragmatic and self-learning
· Good analytical skills with a view to improve these further
· Excellent listener and an open attitude
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 14-08-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||