|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
The Healthcare Imaging Systems Supply Chain is constantly changing due to a rapidly changing environment, e.g. tax regulations, new technologies, material and labor price and shift in market volumes.
To adapt quickly to these changes it is vital to gain insights in different configurations of the supply chain. Due to the high tech low volumes and low cost transparency of the total chain, business cases are difficult to develop especially when complexity increases, though these are key to make the right decisions for the business.
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) supply chain consists of 2 partly separated chains called the frontend and the backend. Currently the front-end (MRI Magnet) is simulated in Supply Chain Guru from Llamasoft and optimized scenarios have been identified.
Your responsibility is to:
1. Make the current model of the front-end system mature & expand the model with the 2016 requirements
2. Detail the optimal solution with operational requirements with TCO in mind and validate the results
3. Set up model for back-end system and identify the desired Global Supply Chain (both inbound and outbound goods flow)
4. Support the 2016 Supply Chain strategy design by simulating the new scenarios
Within Philips Healthcare, the MR supply chain is global in nature with industrial locations in Best (Netherlands), Schwerin (Germany), Helsinki (Finland), Suzhou (China), Gainesville (USA), Latham (USA), Lagoa Santa (Brazil), and a global customer base. We manage a supply chain from suppliers until handover of MR equipment in hospitals. Continuous New Product Introduction (NPI) is an important characteristic. Important trends are growth in Emerging Markets, Productivity, NPI acceleration, and transition towards a “Customer Value Chain”.
You will be part of the Order To Cash Improvement team which is positioned in the Global Operations organization of MRI and consists of 5 Supply Chain Engineers. The team is self-starting, works independent and supports each other in developing break through process improvements in the field of distribution networks, lead time reduction, inventory management and lean deployment.
This assignment gives you the opportunity to gain experiences within a global business environment, whilst using the theoretical knowledge you’ve gained during your education.
· This internship assignment is suitable to perform your thesis
· Duration:6 months (up to 9 months also depending on your needs)
· We prefer students able to start per August/September 2014
1. Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
2. A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
3. A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
4. The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
5. Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
· You need to be currently studying towards your University Master of science WO (Msc.) in:
o Supply Chain Management
· Speak and write English fluently
· Need to have good understanding of Supply Chain processes, Goods flow management, distribution and Inventory management
· Need to be able to convey your message to the team you are part of and the stakeholders of your team
· Any previous working experience in an international business environment is helpful but not a qualifier
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 30-07-2014 the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||