|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Building Works (construction activities) are very often part of a turnkey deal that Philips has sold to a hospital. These construction services are executed by local general contractors and being organized by Philips project managers in the country organizations all over the world. From a procurement perspective we want to facilitate this by setting up a global cost engineering database (with a modular set-up) that will facilitate the local procurement organizations and project managers to have the best deal in place.
• Specify the need of the involved markets and compare what other companies (competitors) are doing; for example check what professional companies project management are doing and how they can facilitate (we want to be as ‘generic’ as possible)
• Making the knowledge of Project Managers explicit in a database (together with support from our cost-engineering community); how do we structure and organize this
• How can a procurement expert use this data to have better interaction/negotiations with general contractors;
• How can we put this information in a catalogue that is easy to experience for a Project Manager and robust enough to have best pricing and safeguard margin (no risks)
• Facilitating the decision on which of the present IT-platforms to use;
• Developing standard templates & processes that markets can work with;
You will be situated in part of the central Procurement organization of Philips, Indirect Materials & Services. During your assignment you will report to Commodity Manager Healthcare Building Works. You will connect with stakeholders within Philips and outside Philips.
You will be working in both a Cost engineering and Procurement area, defining and setting up in a challenging environment a global infrastructure (process, templates, tools), that is as generic as possible (industry standard) and fulfills the needs of the sales organization.
• It can be discussed to make this internship suitable to perform your graduation/thesis
• Duration: 5-6 months
• We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, not later than September/October 2014
1.Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
2.A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
3.A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
4.The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
5.Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
• Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BEng) / University Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
◦ Building Physics (with some finance knowledge)
◦ Engineering Electrical
◦ Engineering Mechanical
• Are fluent in oral and written English (Dutch preference)
• Background in Building Physics (with some Finance knowledge) would be a strong preference and working with excel spreadsheets, macro’s, access database is needed
• Communicative skills and data-analysis (Templates, Databases, link with IT platforms)
• Hands-on to get this done
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 27-08-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||