|Duration in months||
>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
The M2O Excellence team is charged with enabling our commercial teams to win with customers, consumers and partners in our markets and against competition, to become the brand of choice in our industries.
The role of commercial intern is an important role is helping to build commercial excellence as a discipline at Philips. We have a number of key topics to be researched in the commercial domain on both a strategic and operational level. For example, investigating the commercial excellence approach of the best companies on a strategic level and operational excellence such as connecting market shares with win rate in a practical way or creating a sales manual to drive sales excellence at Philips.
This role would be a great challenge for a student with previous work experience or educational background in a commercial discipline such as sales, marketing, business development or sales analytics.
The core areas of responsibility include; 1) Assessing (external) best practices in commercial discipline and making recommendations for their applicability at Philips 2) investigating commercial topics and making practical recommendations on e.g. connecting win rates to market shares or building a sales manual 3) providing hands-on support to our change management and commercial teams to adopt any new approaches as a result of this work.
Philips is driving a worldwide transformation program – Accelerate! - set out to unlock the company’s full potential, turning us into a more agile, entrepreneurial and customer focused company. Ultimately it’s all about achieving excellence in execution, where all parts of the value chain effectively work together to drive success in our markets. To achieve this goal we are standardizing our operations to make optimal use of best practices and to become a true plug and play organization. The Market to Order Excellence Program is a capability improvement and business transformation program driving sustainable capability development and implementation across the markets in a sustainable way.
We offer an internship in a multinational company with a high performance working environment in which you will be able to further develop your experience and skills in the field of commercial excellence.
· It can be discussed to make this internship assignment suitable to do you thesis
· Duration: 6 months
· We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, but not later than Jan-Feb 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying towards your University Master of Science WO (Msc.) in:
o Business Administration
o Business Informatics
o (International) Business Management
· Experience working with diverse, international teams;
· A hands-on and entrepreneurial mentality – a proactive working spirit.
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, the ability to work with senior management
· Independent worker
· Accountable and accurate.
· Great analytical skills
· Advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
· Fluent in spoken and written English; other languages an advantage
· International experience preferred
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 11-12-2014 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||