|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
Philips consumer lifestyle innovation team Female Beauty is working on the development of new hair care products. Healthy hair is a global trend in hair care community. Heat is the main cause of potential hair damage caused by Philips appliances. We would like to characterize and predict the heat damage caused by our appliances.
Heat damages can be divided in permanent damage and over-drying of the hairs which can be overcome by washing the hairs. The severance of the damage on the hairs differs per hair type. Hair damage by heat can be measured in different ways the most interesting are: moisture level, friction, tensile force.
Activities are likely to include:
Creating a project plan
Building a library with available knowledge on hair damage
· Literature search
· Define the hair types and the parameters to define the characteristics of the hair-type.
· Define test setup
· Investigate for the selected hair types the effect of heat, and time on friction, moisture and tensile.
· Analysis, conclusions and recommendation
This may be changed in accordance with any particular internship requirements you may have from your study.
Further contents of the assignment and other details will be discussed in due time.
Your assignment will be done in Drachten. You will be working together with the development team of Hair-care and the Philips research team in Eindhoven. The assignment is suitable for a duo internship.
· It can be discussed to make this internship assignment suitable to do your thesis.
· Duration: 3 - 6 months
· We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, but not later than March 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BBA) / Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Biomedical Engineering
o Biomechanical Science
o Mechanical Engineering
o Health Sciences
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 27-01-15 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||