|Duration in months||
>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
The challenge of this internship is to understand how to run a Finite Element Analysis tool used to simulate the Blow Molding manufacturing process so as to integrate into the part design as well as into the material selection process the constraints coming from the manufacturing process.
You will be working with a team of mechanical engineers to develop new products for Philips Avent. You will be working from an initial project description, but you have the opportunity to shape the assignment to match your development goals.
Your main activities will be:
· To work on products directly used by babies and mothers.
· Contribute to the development of future baby bottles and soothers by the mean of including the influence of the relaxation behavior into the parts’ design as well as the material selection (so mechanical properties)
· The scope of the project would be to:
o Define the type of mechanical properties needed to perform such simulations
o Define a list of companies, entities capable to characterize such properties
o Run correlation studies on existing products (baby bottles or cups)
o Investigate potential new materials / new geometries
o Described and test how to transfer the outcome of such simulation (mesh, internal stress, thermal status…) to a different Finite Element Method tool to perform structural analysis (bending, press-fit, drop tests…)
Philips Consumer Lifestyle provides a wide spectrum of solutions to meet the needs of consumers in health and well-being. Within the Consumer Lifestyle, the Business Group Health & Wellness (BG H&W) businesses covers Mother & Child Care (M&CC) and Oral Health Care (OHC). M&CC has covers the territory from pregnancy to playground with the famous Avent offerings like baby bottles and breast pumps.
· It can be discussed to make this internship assignment suitable to do your thesis.
· Duration: minimal 6 months
· We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, but not later than March 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
· Currently studying towards your University Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Mechanical Engineering
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Knowledge of Finite element method, preferably in ANSYS
· Knowledge about mechanical properties of thermo-plastics as well as material characterization technics
· Knowledge in thermo-plastics manufacturing technics
· Knowledge in applied mathematics
· Analytical, practical and dynamic spirits
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 26-01-2015 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||