>> View all
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
The challenge of this internship is to understand how to run a Finite Element Analysis tool used to simulate the Blow Molding manufacturing process so as to integrate into the part design as well as into the material selection process the constraints coming from the manufacturing process.
You will be working with a team of mechanical engineers to develop new products for Philips Avent. You will be working from an initial project description, but you have the opportunity to shape the assignment to match your development goals.
- Define the type of mechanical properties needed to perform such simulations
- Define a list of companies, entities capable to characterize such properties
- Run correlation studies on existing products (baby bottles or cups)
- Investigate potential new materials / new geometries
- Described and test how to transfer the outcome of such simulation (mesh, internal stress, thermal status…) to a different Finite Element Method tool to perform structural analysis (bending, press-fit, drop tests…)
Philips Consumer Lifestyle provides a wide spectrum of solutions to meet the needs of consumers in health and well-being. Within the Consumer Lifestyle, the Business Group Health & Wellness (BG H&W) businesses covers Mother & Child Care (M&CC) and Oral Health Care (OHC). M&CC has covers the territory from pregnancy to playground with the famous Avent offerings like baby bottles and breast pumps.
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
- Mechanical Engineering
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 08-03-2015 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||