>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
For the department Innovation Floorcare (FC) within Philips Consumer Lifestyle (CL) we are looking for a student Bsc./Msc. who can help us with the development of an optical sensor for the detection of ambient dust, and using it for closing the loop of an electric motor control system
Philips plans using an optical system for measuring the amount of dust and controlling the power of vacuum cleaners. In order to improve vacuum cleaners efficiency and for bringing next generation of green products to the market, the dust information should be used as the feedback of the electric motor control, realizing a closed loop control system. In our organization we strive for continuously improvement of our current products and we look into alternative technologies to improve efficiency and reducing power consumption. For these alternative technologies the goal is to investigate and challenge the physical and optical principles for applicability, and developing, modelling and testing a motor closed loop control within Philips products.
· Investigate the response of optical sensors for measuring ambient dust quantity, with the purpose of controlling a vacuum cleaner motor power
· Understand the basic principles of optics and electronics behind the sensor
· Modeling the sensor, motor, fan in a multi-physics system model including: electronic hardware, mechanical, pneumatic and software domains (Simulink).
· Developing the motor control strategy, and simulating it’s response
· Supporting design and testing engineers defining testing and qualification plans
· Executing testing plans, and providing detailed reports
· Analyzing reports with design engineers
· Supporting engineers in deciding what corrective actions should be applied for improving optical sensor sensitivity, system response, linearity and repeatability
· New knowledge about the working principle of optical dust sensing technology, and on basic closed loop systems controlling the motor power, basing on floor conditions.
· An entrepreneurial and independent attitude.
· A structured way of working
· Intrinsically motivated to in deeply understand a technology
You will be part of the electronic & software team. The electronic and SW team develops al new floor-care products in Drachten, also supporting Far East projects. The team is part of FC (FloorCare) within the CL sector of Philips.
With this offer you will get highly practical insights in what is going on within real projects. Those insights will be very helpful in future when applying for a job. You gain experience in research and development of product technologies, experience in setting up and executing of a research plan and experience in working together in multifunctional teams. We provide an initial test setup and facilitate possibilities for improvement, extension, an electronic lab with various instruments and support from experts in the field of electronic and software engineering, mechanical engineering.
· It can be discussed to make this internship assignment suitable to do your thesis.
· Duration: 6 months
· We prefer students able to start as soon as possible, but not later than March 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BBA) / Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Engineering Hardware
o Engineering Software
Fluent in English: written and spoken
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 18-02-2015 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
For questions regarding the procedure of this Internship please contact: (you can only apply via the internet website)
Tel: +31 (0)6 21142035
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||