|Duration in months||
Duration in months max:
>> View all
HBO & WO
Are you the enthusiastic, talented intern we’re looking for?
As a member of our Procurement Lighting Solutions Start-up team you are working together with professionals to make our global cost out and transformation programs a success. You will be developing and deploying reports and benchmarks per procurement commodity and defined cost center to effectively manage cost out and performance.
We are looking for 8 motivated and enthusiastic interns!
· Develop ANALYTICS and BENCHMARKS per Procurement Commodity and Unit
· Develop and execute macros in Microsoft Excel or Access to simplify data analysis
· Identify cost out potentials by utilizing ANALYTICS and REPORTS
· Organize and facilitate alignment meetings within our global project organization to explain identified improvement actions and align respective working plans
· Monitor measure implementation
· Facilitate best practice exchange and effective communication incl. SharePoint
At the Philips Lighting level in Amsterdam, you will join co-workers in the Lighting Procurement organization with global responsibilities. You will be expected to communicate regularly with Procurement Leaders globally by e-mail, phone, and face-to-face. At Philips, the Procurement Organization is in the midst of an exciting transformation, and your work will have an important contribution to this change!
The Internship period is given the strategic nature of the project, may be a topic that could be used for a thesis associated with Supplier Management, Supplier Performance Management, or Business Operations Analysis. This opportunity has Global Scope – working with over 50 professionals in 17 countries. If you enjoy making a difference with the work you do, this is the place for you!
It can be discussed to make this assignment suitable to do your thesis
Duration: 6-12 months
We prefer students able to start per May 2015
· Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
· A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
· A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
· The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
· Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
To be successful in this internship we are looking for you:
· Currently studying towards your Bachelor HBO (BBA) / Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in:
o Business Administration
o Business Economics
o Business Informatics
o (International) Business Management
o Computer Science
o Management Science
· Extremely strong analytical capabilities, through efficient and effective use of XLS or Access Macros
· Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
· Entrepreneurial and creative, with the ability to adapt quickly to change
· Language: English
· Knowledge: any previous experience working in Procurement, IT, or Supply Chain organizations are beneficial
· Competences: Data analysis, communication, project management
· Previous internship experience: preferred, but not required.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply 25-03-2015 at the latest!
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
· Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
· Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Technology / Industry
|Number of countries||